Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to never sell or trade your personal or contact information to marketers. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Way We Use Information
We do make use of information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
• To present our Site and its contents to you better by the gathering mostly of non-personal analytical data.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. To provide customer service to you, it is necessary for us to disclose information to our affiliates and other agents and /or tour operators, DMC’s that work with us. We do not share your information with outside parties except as provided herein and to the extent necessary to provide you service and maintain our Site.
• To fulfil any purpose for which you provide information such as the completion of a contact form with minimal information in order to be able to get in touch with you and respond to your request or enquiry.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Site or any product developments or changes to services we offer or provide through it. We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your information (check-in app or any sms/email marketing material , excluding conference and wedding information request forms thru the website as those are deemed to have been authorized by yourselves by requesting the stipulated information.).
If we have sent you a promotional direct e-mail, you may also send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mails and requesting the removal of your information from our database(s). Note, these opt outs do not apply to information provided to Mongena via the Site as a result of purchase for a reservation. Finally, we may use the information we have collected from you for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Mongena’s products and services and the Site.
Publicly Displayed Information is Public
Any User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. If you submit a review or use a public review site based on Mongena and/or any of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages.
Browser Information Collected on the Website
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the platform for which the Site resides on - commonly known as a "production environment", utilizes a wide-range of software tools and programs for the ultimate goal of ensuring its confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) - a concept known as the CIA triad of information security. Tools which are currently in use, or are to be deployed if necessary for the security of the Site are to include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Network Security and Network Monitoring: Tools that assist in securing the network for which the Site resides on. Such tools include network and perimeter firewalls, web application firewalls, routers, switches, intrusion detection systems, and other related tools.
• Network Performance: Tools that assist in monitoring all aspects of the Site, such as performance monitoring for website uptime, etc.
• Other: Additionally, a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are implemented for helping ensure the safety and security of the Site. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations by local, state, and/or federal agencies, no other attempts are made by Mongena to identify individual users and/or their usage habits on the Site.
The Site may contain links to websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Mongena provides these links as a courtesy to our users only. When users click on a link to an external website, they are leaving the Site and are thus subject to the privacy and security policies and the related terms and conditions of these external websites.
The Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about our customers and users of our Site, including information: • by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("Personal Information");
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details. We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• Credit card information is for the sole purpose to process payment – we do not keep it on record as we use an authorised third party merchant for these transactions who have in place their own privacy and data policies as well as terms and conditions of usage.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This may include information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our newsletter services, email registrations, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Information that you may provide through phone, mail interactions or paper and mobile check-in applications that you submit to Mongena via the Site.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include Cookies and Web Beacons. When you interact with Mongena on our Site or otherwise, such as when you call our reservations or support staff, you may be required to provide financial information before booking accommodation through our Site. For example, we may collect Personal Information relevant to the situation, such as your name, country of origin, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information; and information relating to a support issue.
-- > About Cookies & Pixels
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This Site offers encryption of sensitive data by means of an SSL certificate which encrypts the communication between internet browser and the web server.
Doing so helps to protect the confidentiality of any personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet. No method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information with commercially acceptable practices, we cannot guarantee absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
On Site Subscriptions
Mongena offers two on site subscriptions. One is to a newsletter that may be subscribed to at no cost, and primarily focused on industry news and regular updates on renovations and special. The other is to our Rangers Blog for updated stories from our ranger. You can opt-out of any Mongena newsletter or blog at any time via the link provided at the bottom of each newsletter mailing, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
All information accessed through the Site is in compliance with the required information security mandates of Article 32 of the GDPR. Specifically, Article 32 mandates the following:
• Implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, including inter alia as appropriate:
▪ The ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services.
▪ The ability to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
▪ A process for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries, affiliates, DMC’s, agents and tour operators.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Mongena’s assets.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mongena, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. The Site includes hypertext links, or pointers, to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. As such, Mongena only provides these links for your information and convenience, thus, when you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the Site and therefore subject to the privacy and security policies of these external websites.
Additionally, please note the following:
• Mongena does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
• Mongena does not endorse the organisations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
• Mongena therefore cannot authorise the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
• Mongena is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
Governing law (Jurisdiction)
The laws of South Africa will govern any dispute or claim arising out of this Policy. “Mongena” refers to: Entity: Mongena Game Reserve (Pty) Ltd - Company Registration number: 1996/002378/07 Subject to POPI (Protection Of Personal Information Act) / GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation): Registered address: Rust de Winter Road D48, Boekenhoutskloof 87JR, Hammanskraal, Gauteng, 0040, South Africa.