Bush Safari & Game Drives
Experience the African bush with our qualified rangers and trackers on our well maintained fleet of game safari vehicles. We offer 5 guided game drives per day during the summer months and 4 during the winter months (times vary according to season) taking you to the best lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, cheetah and hippo sightings imaginable. Other species one can expect to see are Giraffe, Eland, Kudu, Impala, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest (Gnu), Red Hartebeest, Tsessebe, Waterbuck, Warthog, Black-backed Jackal, Crocodile, Ostrich, Aardwolf, Aardvark, Brown Hyena, Caracal, Serval, Porcupine, Genet (small-spotted and large-spotted) and the occasional Leopard.
Mongena safari vehicles are in a privileged position to be able to traverse over 6 000 hectares of indigenous bush vegetation increasing the chances of good animal sightings.
No own vehicles are allowed on the roads of Mongena Game Lodge except access from the main gate to the main camp.
Tariff includes snacks consisting of dry wors / biltong, potato crisps, nuts and dried fruit and 1 x standard choice of soft drink, beer, house wine, cider, juice or water per adult/child. Additional drinks are available and will be billed afterwards. Champagne and spirits are optional billable items and need to be pre-ordered at least 1 hour before departure.
Guided game drive departure times:
- Duration 2-2.5 hrs depending on sightings incl snacks & 1 drink pp or coffee/tea & rusks on the early morning game drive.
- Summer starting times: 06h00, 09h00, 14h00, 16h30, 20h30
- Winter starting times: 06h30, 09h00, 14h00, 16h00 No 20h30 evening game drive in winter
Guided game drive cost:
- R280.00 Adult
- R180.00 Child under 11 yrs occupying seat
- Minimum of 4 guests to be booked per game drive slot to be operational
- REGRET NO CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS ALLOWED
What to wear and bring
Please report to Reception 10 minutes before scheduled departure time for all activities. It is advisable to take warm clothing along even in summer. Blankets and hot water bottles are provided in winter. Do not forget hats, sun protection, binoculars and cameras.